The internet and the evolution of social media have forever changed the way marketers do business and this includes real estate. If you are considering selling your home you need a real estate proessional who understands the need for extensive online marketing.
When looking to test a real estate professionals internet marketing ask some of these questions:
Do you have a website?
There are 245,203,319 internet users in the United States, that is 78.1 % of the population. According to the National Association of Realtors, 88% of homebuyers shopped online for a home.
Do you have a mobile website that is enabled for iPhone, iPad and Android devices?
4.8 billion people now own mobile phones. Just 4.2 billion own a toothbrush.
Do you have a blog?
Social media sites and blogs reach 80% of all U.S. internet users.
Do you have a Facebook business page?
Facebook is the most important social media lead generation tool for b2c marketers with 77% saying they had had acquired a customer through Facebook.
Do you market on Twitter?
There are now roughly 100 million active Twitter users (those who log in at least once per day).
Do you have a You Tube channel?
YouTube has 490 million users worldwide (unique visitors per month). It generates an estimated 92 billion page views each month. The average user spends an average of 25 minutes on the site each time they visit.
Do you share information on LinkedIn?
There are over 57 million users on LinkedIn in the United States.
You need a real estate professional who leverages all of these outlets to market your home.
Is your real estate agent an expert marketer? Today, buyers use the internet more than any other source to find a home. It is vital that your real estate agent use a fully, integrated marketing plan to sell your home.
Here are just a few things you will want to make sure your agent has:
- A website
- An IDX property search
- A way for buyers to search for homes from a mobile device
- A blog
- A Facebook business page
- A Twitter account
- A You Tube channel and video marketing
Because there are so many ways that buyers look for homes, it is important that your home is advertised where people are looking online (Facebook and Twitter). A blog will typically get your home high visibility in search engines. Speaking of search engines, You Tube, is a part of Google and buyers love videos.
Check out this website to see how all of these features work together to help the seller.
Barnstable MA Listing AlertsBarnstable, MA - $1,475,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/22 hours agoBarnstable, MA - $649,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/15 hours agoBarnstable, MA - $214,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:15 hours agoBarnstable, MA - $374,500 - Single-Family - Gambrel - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:25 hours ago
Provincetown MA Listing AlertsProvincetown, MA - $1,299,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels: - Parking Spaces:1 hour agoProvincetown, MA - $1,299,000 - Single-Family - Federal, Antique - Rooms:0 - Beds:3 - Baths:31 hour agoProvincetown, MA - $290,000 - Single-Family - Cottage, Other - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:14 hours agoProvincetown, MA - $149,750 - Condo - - Rooms:2 - Beds:1 - Baths:16 hours ago
- 'White Christmas' Screening at Osterville Village Library December 11, 2013Here are five things you need to know Wednesday, Dec. 11. 1. Wednesday will be mostly sunny with a high around 42 in Barnstable, according to the National Weather Service. […]
- Barnstable by the Numbers: Dec. 1-7 December 7, 2013The maps and lists below show part of what Barnstable looks like, by the numbers and by the block. […]
- Events 12-6-13 December 6, 2013Dec. 10 : The Brewster Ladies' Library Book Discussion group discusses The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers at 1 p.m. at the library, 1822 Route 6A. […]
- Music and Mystery at the Marstons Mills Public Library December 6, 2013Here are five things you need to know Friday, Dec. 6. 1. There is an 80 percent chance of rain in Barnstable on Friday. […]
- Cummings, chiefs spar over center December 11, 2013Barnstable County Sheriff James Cummings is moving forward with plans for a new regional 911 and dispatch center despite continued ill will over who controls the facility. […]
- Dennis passes Town Hall Annex expansion December 11, 2013A steady stream of local voters braved the wet and chilly weather Tuesday to weigh in on a $3.1 million Proposition 21 2 debt exclusion to expand the Town Hall Annex, passing the provision by a 2-1 margin. […]
- Dennis town hall annex expansion heads to ballot December 9, 2013A special election is being held Tuesday on a $3.1 million proposed Proposition 2 1/2 debt exclusion to help pay for an expansion of the Dennis Town Hall Annex. […]
- FEMA accepts 3 flood zone appeals December 9, 2013The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved just three appeals by Barnstable County homeowners out of the thousands who could be forced to pay significantly more for federal flood insurance required because of proposed changes to federal flood risk maps. […]
- Tempers flare over report on Provincetown police chief December 11, 2013One selectman called on another to resign and the head of the police union described sections of the independent investigation into Police Chief Jeff Jaran as "erroneous and inaccurate." […]
- Holiday Harmony December 11, 2013The Chorale is Provincetown's 150-member community chorus, conducted by John Arterton, and their concerts are always a highlight of the holiday season! Are you under-whelmed by the crowds at the mall, and the canned music and lack of true holiday spirit? Provincetown has cures for those pre-Christmas blahs! As you drive or walk through town, you ... (mo […]
- P'town man charged with drug possession December 10, 2013Phillip Williams, 44, of Provincetown, was arrested after a motor vehicle stop, according to a statement from the Provincetown police. […]
- Provincetown fitness challenge now includes dogs December 9, 2013The third annual Provincetown Fitness and Food Challenge this year won't just incorporate gym classes, personal trainers and healthy menus at local restaurants. […]